With three locations in Old Bridge, Freehold, and Matawan, NJ Spine and Wellness is your trusted source for physical therapy in New Jersey. While chiropractic care works to realign your spinal column, our physical therapy team is focused on restoring strength to the surrounding tissues and improving diminished range of movement. Our goal is to maximize your pain relief by providing the latest techniques and most comprehensive care services.
Physical therapy is an effective treatment for several conditions, including:
- JOINT PAIN
- GENERAL MUSCLE PAIN
Our therapeutic treatment team includes several physical therapists who hold a Doctorate in this area of medicine. Therefore, they develop personalized treatments based on their expertise in orthopedics and kinesiology, or how the body works and moves. The core of our physical therapy sessions consists of directed exercises that gradually increase in difficulty. These are designed to help you safely rebuild your muscles and inner core strength, while slowly regaining your flexibility.
Do I Need Physical Therapy?
If you are suffering from any of the conditions listed below, physical therapy treatment might be an option for you. Additionally, if you do not have any of these conditions, but are experiencing any type of joint or muscle pain, we encourage you to reach out to us for a consultation.
You may also need to see a physical therapist if you have been in a car accident and notice persistent pain or a lack of mobility, even if an accident occurred at a previous time. Some injuries, like whiplash, may not cause immediate symptoms, but you may notice them over a period of hours, days, or even weeks after an accident. If you do not seek immediate treatment, then consider treatment when you experience chronic and persistent symptoms that interfere with your lifestyle.
- Cardiopulmonary conditions, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, and post-myocardial infarction
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction such as back pain, rotator cuff tears, and temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, vestibular dysfunction, and traumatic brain injuries
- Pediatric conditions such as developmental delays, cerebral palsy, and muscular dystrophy
- Sports-related injuries, such as concussion and tennis elbow
- Women’s health and pelvic floor dysfunction, such as urinary incontinence and lymphedema
The NJ Spine and Wellness Multidisciplinary Approach
Our physical therapists and Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) work together to help achieve pain relief for you. Chiropractic care, massage therapy, and physical therapy are complementary treatments that help you heal from within and prevent future injuries. In addition to the therapeutic exercise programs we design for you, our physical therapists may also incorporate other techniques into your treatment plan.
Other techniques offered by our physical therapists include:
- The Graston Technique®– incorporates the use of special instruments to mobilize and restore damaged tissues while minimizing the build-up of scar tissue.
- Kinesio Injury Taping – provides support and stability to your joints and muscles without restricting your range of motion.
- McConnell Taping – helps support joint tracking while playing a crucial role in alleviating shoulder and knee pain.
- Active Release Technique® (ART) – a movement-based soft tissue system that treats problems with tendons, muscles, and ligaments.
- Other techniques offered by our physical therapists include:
Benefits of Physical Therapy
Here are some of the key benefits of leveraging physical therapy treatment to manage your pain.
- Reduced need for prescription drugs including opioids to relieve pain
- Can be used as an alternative treatment to surgery
- Can be used for post-operative rehabilitation
- Improved mobility and movement
- Recovery from injury or trauma
- Recovery from stroke or paralysis
- Fall prevention
- Improved balance
- Management of age-related medical problems
Take the First Step Towards Getting Better, Faster
At NJ Spine and Wellness, our team of professional physical therapists is committed to speeding your rehabilitation process and helping you achieve your mobility goals, so you can get back to having fun and enjoying life. We work together to discover innovative techniques that will provide you with maximum results. To schedule an appointment with one of our NJ Spine and Wellness physical therapists, call 877-333-6579 today. Visit the NJ Spine and Wellness location page for details on specific hours and locations for our Old Bridge, Freehold, Matawan, and East Brunswick centers.