Interventional treatments our lumbar radiculopathy specialists in NJ may recommend include:
- Physical therapy and exercises designed to stabilize the spine and promote an open space for spinal nerve roots
- Epidural steroid and nerve root injections to help reduce swelling and treat pain radiating to the hips or down the leg.
- Medications, including non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to reduce swelling and pain, as well as an analgesic to keep pain at bay
Surgical treatments, on the other hand, can be varied depending on what caused the condition. Typically, these treatments involve decompressing the nerve or stabilizing the spine.
Some surgical procedures our lumbar radiculopathy specialists in NJ can perform include:
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Extreme lateral interbody fusion
- Lumbar laminectomy, microdiscectomy, or spinal fusion
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Cage implantation
- Pedicle screw fixation